MK POOLS NEW ZEALAND SPA POOL WARRANTY
1. The spa pool moulding i.e. the fibreglass shell is guaranteed by the manufacturer for five years from the date of delivery against failure in structure due to faulty workmanship or materials, provided that the installation, use and maintenance have been carried out in accordance with normal practice according to our recommendations.
2. The acrylic surface is guaranteed for three years against material failure or manufacturing defect provided that the installation, use and maintenance have been carried out in accordance with normal practice according to our recommendations.
3. The spa frame has a five year structural warranty in accordance to H3 standard building code. The spa must be positioned on a firm flat level surface i.e. concrete pad, paving, asphalt or timber decking, not on dirt or grass. MK Pools New Zealand shall not be liable for any damage that occurs to the spa pool or frame due to the quality of the surface the spa is installed on.
4. All support equipment i.e. filtration plant, heaters, motors and pumps including the control equipment e.g. control box, touch pad have a two year warranty (24 months parts and 12 months labour for controller, heater, touchpad and pumps) against faulty components from the date of delivery, provided they are used under the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty. Components, including heating elements, are not covered under this warranty against corrosion caused by incorrect water balancing and chemical management.
5. The ozone generator, if fitted, is covered by a one year warranty against faulty workmanship and materials.
6. The lockable hardcover is covered by a one year warranty against faulty workmanship and materials.
7. Light bulbs and headrests are not covered by manufacturer’s warranty (subject to the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act (1993)).
8. Colour changes or variations and material failures are limited to guarantees or warranties offered by the material supplier. This guarantee does not extend to any damage, defect or failure caused or arising through defective installation of the pool, or inappropriate chemical maintenance of the spa’s water resulting in material damage of the spa or equipment.
9. The product must be left in the original situation following its installation. This includes, but is not limited to, any associated plumbing and wiring performed at the time of installation.
10. The spa pool is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty is not transferrable to a new owner.
11. The pool is not heated above 45 degrees Celsius.
12. The spa must not be left empty in direct sunlight as this will result in damage to the spa surface and plastic fittings.
13. All warranties shall be invalid if the pool is damaged by earth or ground-fill movement, act of God, acts of aggression, by accident, misuse or by the intentional, reckless or negligent acts of any person. To the extent by the law permits, in no event shall Mk Pools New Zealand, its agents or employees be liable for injury to any person for any claim of damage, howsoever arising.
14. If any such defect appears or occurs the purchaser shall inform a MK Pools New Zealand dealer or its representative by notice in writing seven days of such defect. Any such notice is required to set out the exact nature of the defect and the circumstances in which it was noticed.
15. All servicing and repairs to be carried out only by a serviceman authorised by MK Pools New Zealand.
16. All electrical components such as (but not limited to) stereos, pumps, controllers and lights that are damaged by water due to negligence (e.g. wet hands operating stereo/ CD or removing cabinet doors or exposure to weather) will void warranty.
17. This warranty does not include any commercial installations, i.e. hotels, motels, gym, sports clubs, e.g. where larger bather density applications are apparent. Structurally the spa is still covered against construction defects but not the surface material or plumbing attachments where commercial usage and chemical dosing are above general domestic use.
18. The spa water chemistry must be adhered to. Failure to keep the spa water within recommended ranges can result in equipment failure. Professional water testing is recommended monthly.
19. Defects that arise due to normal wear and tear are not covered under warranty.
20. Damage that occurs during the delivery or installation of the products is not covered under this warranty (unless the delivery and/ or installation is being carried out by an authorised agent of MK Pools New Zealand).
21. This is the only warranty given by MK Pools New Zealand and all other warranties, conditions or representation whether expressed or implied are excluded.
22. If any defect appears or occurs the purchaser shall inform a MK Pools New Zealand dealer or its representative by notice in writing within seven days of such defect. Any such notice is required to set out the exact nature of the defect and the circumstances in which it was noticed.
23. Until a copy of this guarantee is signed and returned by the purchaser to MK Pools New Zealand or its authorised dealer and is signed on behalf of MK Pools New Zealand it shall have no effect.